Art in Ditchling Trail
1. The AID Trail is open to all venues located in Ditchling, Westmeston, and Street that have registered with AOH Brighton.
2. Each Venue that has registered with AOH pays an AID Trail fee, currently (2020) £35. This entitles the venue to the following:
a. Listing on the Art in Ditchling website (two images and link to venue website)
b. Listing and promotion on the Art in Ditchling Instagram Site
c. Listing on the Art in Ditchling map / flyer (one image)
3. Individual artists / makers that are showing at a venue and wish to be promoted on the Art in Ditchling website (one image) and be listed on the map / flyer pay a fee, currently £45.
4. Local businesses looking to promote or sponsor the Art in Ditchling Trail pay £50 – £100. This entitles them to the following:
a. Listing on the Art in Ditchling website (link to their website)
b. Listing on the Art in Ditchling map / flyer
c. Listing as a sponsor in the AOH brochure.
5. Venues or artists / makers that apply after the AOH / AID registration deadline and wish to be included on the AID Trail website pay a late fee at the discretion of the Steering Committee.
6. All artists/makers are welcome to attend AID meetings. In making decisions that require a vote there is only one vote per venue.
7. The Art in Ditchling Trail aims to operate within the terms and conditions set out by AOH.
8. All prices will be subject to an annual review as part of the Art in Ditchling AGM.
9. Steering Group
b. AOH Representative
d. Website Facilitator
Key AOH terms and conditions
1 The Artists Open Houses (AOH) festival is open to all artists living within the Brighton and Hove telephone code area. (It is accepted that many Open Houses also display work of guest artists from outside the area).
2. Artists Open Houses reserves the right to review submitted listings and change details which do not comply with the AOH house style, or which are felt to be untrue or offensive. Composite images – where a single image is made up of several smaller ones – will not be accepted.
3. The Artists Open Houses purpose is to promote practicing artists displaying/selling their own work. Commercial premises are welcome to take part in the Artists Open Houses, but the images and words used in AOH listings must be relevant solely to the exhibition of artists work that they are hosting. Listings must not be used to promote a business or other unrelated business activities, but if a commercial premises would also like to promote their business they can, in addition, take out an advert in the AOH brochure (contact:firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. It is a condition of taking part in AOH festivals that all Open Houses must take out public liability insurance. We recommend AN AIR: www.a-n.co.uk/about/insurance. AOH will take no responsibility for injury to members of the public when visiting Open Houses.
5. Venues with 2-3 studios (or occupancies) must take out a minimum of a double brochure listing. Venues with more than three studios (or occupancies) must take a full-page brochure listing.